There isn’t a standard age when your child will be ready to start using a potty, however most will have the skills they need to start this process between 18 months and three years old.
We have put together a quick checklist to help you keep track on when your child is ready to make a start on this, however don’t wait for every box to be ticked as in general they will be displaying signs of independance and understanding of what it means to go to the toilet as a grown up.
Potty Training, are you ready?
- Ability to pull their pants up and down with only a little help
- Showing signs of discomfort when their nappy is wet or dirty
- Has regular poo’s at predictable times
- Doesn’t poo during the night
- Is having dry periods of at least one to two hours
- Is able to understand and follow simple instructions such as “Do you need a wee?”
- Knows the words for wee and poo or their version of this
- Tells you they need the toilet, or shows awareness when they are having a wee or a poo
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: £10.95